Skip to Main Content
Skip to content
- Partners have shared goals that ultimately increase student achievement
- Each individual organization’s goals are met through a partnership
- Partners respect each other’s values, goals, and organizational cultures
- Leadership is shared
- Partners assume a shared sense of ownership in the collaborative program
- Partnerships are creative
- The organization and structure of partnerships are flexible
- Strong partnerships survive setbacks
- Engage multiple community sectors (business, parents, community organizations)
- Partnerships are comprehensively concerned with education
- Invest in the professional development of their personnel
- Partner institutions learn and change
- Evaluation and documentation help to achieve partnership goals
- Create an infrastructure that supports community/school learning relations
- Attract sustained funding
- Require persistence and patience – These relationships take time to develop!
- Be careful not to compromise your values, vision, and mission for a partnership!
- Always be gracious and thoughtful of your partner’s efforts. Encourage people in the school community to patronize the businesses that give you “freebies” and always thank them for their assistance.