Summer Academy 2019
June 3-20, August 1-2, 12-14
Big Think Event
Summer Academy Catalog – Click the catalog to search for Summer Academy sessions by date. If a session is in the catalog, then it qualifies for the COI Day swap. You must attend 6 hours of Summer Academy/Big Think sessions to qualify for COI Day swap, 3 hours for part-time staff.
Consider attending additional Summer Academy sessions, use them as Professional Option Days (POD) and receive $250.00 per 6 hours, up to 12 hours (2, six hour sessions = $500.00). Learn more about POD here. Be sure to fill out a POD completion form and send to Payroll Dept. once you complete your POD.
You can NOT use the same Summer Academy session for both COI Day swap and POD. You are able to collect ceu’s for Summer Academy sessions and use it as the COI Day swap.
Summer Academy Registration – Once you find a session(s) you would like to attend, you must register to attend the session through PDExpress. If you do not register, you will not receive ceu’s or be eligible for COI Day swap.
- Go to the District Staff website, Click on the Insider and log in.
- Click on “Professional Development” button, and then “Proceed to PDExpress” button.
- On the toolbar across the top, Click In-District PD, and In-District PD Catalog from the dropdown.
- Once you are in the calendar, click on the date of the session you want to attend (listed in the catalog). It will pull up a list of all sessions offered on this date.
- Click on the title of the session you would like to register for.
- Click on “Register” at the top right corner of the page.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration
Prior to attending the session, double check the online catalog above to be sure there are no changes to the time and location of the session.