Home Address Verification Eligibility
If you are not certain that you reside within the boundaries of the Hilliard City School District, please check the following documents to verify. These documents will also help you determine which school is assigned to your address.
Please have the following documents ready to upload to the online registration form. If you are not able to upload your documents, they can be uploaded at a later date, emailed to email@example.com or brought into the Welcome Center Monday thru Friday between the hours of 7:30AM and 4:00PM. If you have any questions, please call the Welcome Center at 614-921-7096.
- Birth Certificate
- Official Immunization Records
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID – Driver’s License or Passport or I-94 or Government Issued Photo I.D
- Custody Papers (If applicable):
- Per State of Ohio Law, (ORC 3313.672) and the Missing Children’s Act, we are required to have an official, court stamped custody document when both natural parents are not in the home.
- Proof of Residency
- Proof #1:
- Mortgage Statement OR Owner’s Summary from Franklin County Auditor’s website OR
- Purchase Contract (if in the process of buying) OR
- Signed Lease Agreement/Rental Contract (must be signed by both tenant and landlord/property manager) All signed rental contracts must accompany the attached HCSD Residency Verification Release.
- If you are living with a friend or relative in the Hilliard City School District, you must complete the Affidavit for Shared Residency forms below and provide the required supporting documents.
- Part 1 to be completed by Parent/Guardian and notarized. 2 pieces of mail with parent/guardian name and the address are also required.
- Part 2 to be completed by Renter/Home Owner and notarized. A currently signed lease or mortgage statement is also required.
- Proof #2:
- Current Billing Statement/ USPS Confirmation (this is physically mailed to the residence not the electronic email confirmation of your request) OR
- Government Mailing OR
- Statement of Utility Connection (typically emailed, shows address, connection date, and account holder information)
**PLEASE NOTE: All mailings must be removed from the envelope to show the parent’s/guardian’s name, address and current date
6. Other Documents (if applicable):
7. Special Education Documents (if applicable):
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Multifactored Evaluation (MFE)
- Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
8. Home Schooled Students (if applicable): – If your child was homeschooled during the previous school year and you were not a resident of Hilliard, please provide a copy of the letter which released your child from compulsory education.
You will be able to submit the form without uploading your documentation. The required documents can be uploaded at a later date, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought into the Welcome Center Monday thru Friday between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM. If you have any questions, please call the Welcome Center at 614-921-7096.
Please allow at least 3 business days for the Welcome Center to review and process your registration. The Welcome Center will contact you via the email address provided for the first parent/guardian on the registration form with further instructions or to confirm that the registration has been completed.
Your application must be completed within 30 days to avoid deletion due to inactivity.
If you were not able to upload your documents to the Online Registration Form at this time you can log back into the registration at a later date and add them. Other options for providing your documentation are emailing them to email@example.com, or bringing them to the Welcome Center, 2140 Atlas Street, Columbus, 43228, Monday thru Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
If you completed the online registration form and uploaded or emailed the required documents, the Welcome Center will contact you to schedule your child’s August Kindergarten Screening appointment.