Ridgewood Elementary- 4237 Dublin Road, Hilliard 43026 (District)
Attention Junior Parents
Per Ohio state law, the Ohio Department of Education will be paying for one administration of a college readiness examination to all juniors. Hilliard City Schools has chosen the ACT for our students. On February 20, 2019, all juniors (according to their grade in Home Access) will be taking the ACT test at their home building. This date was pre-assigned by the state and ACT. Students will report to school as normal, and the district will mimic the administration procedures typically enforced at a National, Saturday administration of the ACT. Below is additional information that will be helpful on both test day and leading up to test day. Please contact your building counselor’s office for additional questions or clarification.
Students will NOT need to register individually; we will register students at the district level directly with ACT.
- All ACT test security measures will be in place for this state assessment. Students should be prepared NOT to bring their cell phones into the testing location, and should have proper identification with them. (Current school ID, driver’s license, state ID, etc.)
- Students who are found to be in violation of the “No Cell Phone” rule may have their phone confiscated, and face additional discipline consequences, including possible suspension.
- Students will do the pre-administration portion of the test PRIOR to test day. A portion of the pre-administration will allow students to choose up to four colleges they would like their scores to be sent.
- Students should plan to bring an ACT approved calculator to the test administration. (Please see the ACT website, linked below, for the full list of approved calculators.)
- Score reports will be sent directly to students’ homes from ACT no later than 8 weeks from the testing date.
- Students can, but are not required to, sign up for an ACT web-account prior to testing. Students should be able to see scores in the account no later than 8 weeks after testing.
- Students, who already have an ACT web-account, should be able to see their scores from the state administration in their account no later than 8 weeks from the test date.
- For testing specific questions, please check the ACT website: http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act.html
Congratulations to Darby Senior, Mia Miller, was chosen as the winner for the 2019 Martin Luther King Jr. Essay & Art Contest – sponsored by the Ohio Civil Rights Commission in partnership with PNC, Honda & Wright State University.
100’s of entries were received & only one winner chosen per grade level. This is quite an accomplishment! Mia also wrote an accompanying artist statement / essay which explained her concept for the winning graphite drawing above. She will present her work & be honored at an Award ceremony at the Ohio History Center in February. Please congratulate her!
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are among the nation’s longest-running & most prestigious program for creative teens. Since 1923, the Scholastic Awards have recognized the vision, ingenuity, & talent of our country’s youth and provided opportunities for imaginative teens to be celebrated through recognition, exhibition, publication, and scholarships. This year Darby had 18 art pieces selected.
The FREE Exhibit runs February 11th – 22th
• Columbus College of Art & Design •
Acock Gallery, Canzani Center Mon-Fri 9am-5pm / Sat & Sun noon-5pm.
Gabrielle Byerly • Get-away • Photography
Braxton Fuller • The Locket • Photography
Braxton Fuller • Solemn Cries of White • Photography
Rachel Horvath • Free Spirit • Drawing/ Illustration
Rachel Horvath • Hanging By A thread • Drawing/ Illustration
Dominic Melchiorre • Land & Sky • Ceramics & Glass
Mia Miller • My Collection • Art Portfolio
Mia Miller • Petite Platter • Mixed Media
Mia Miller • The One Percent • Sculpture
Mia Miller • Rotten Eggs • Sculpture
Amanda Neighbarger • Imagination • Ceramics & Glass
Isabel Quimba • Sinking Deeper • Photography
Ariana Spina • Linear • Photography
Kaitlyn Symanski • Soul Deep • Photography
Kaitlyn Symanski • Flower Boy • Photography