Mark your calendars for these back to school events…
8/8/22 – Darby Days – students will have photos taken, be able to meet with counselors, receive iPads, find classrooms, learn about available clubs, etc.
8:00 – 9:00 am – Fall Athletes and Band
9:00 – 12:00 pm – Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors
1:00 – 4:00 pm – Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors
8/10/22 – Freshman Orientation – students need to attend the entire time. School photos will be taken and students will receive their iPads.
8:45 – 9:00 am – Freshman Arrive
9:00 – 1:00 pm – Orientation (lunch will be provided)
6:30 pm – Freshman Parent Meeting in the Performing Arts Center (PAC)
8/11/22 – Darby Days Make Up Day
8:00 – 12:00 pm
8/17/22 – First Day of School
8/22/22 – 7:00 pm Darby Open House
Each graduating class is permitted to keep up to $500 in their account to help fund a five year reunion. These funds are kept the by school district. If no one has requested the funds by the end of the 6th year after graduation, the funds will be rolled into the Reinhard Scholarship Fund and will no longer be accessible for reunion purposes.
Procedures to access these funds are as follows:
1.) Expenses must be paid up-front by someone. (Expenses can include facility rental, decorations, food, but no alcohol.)
2.) The person requesting reimbursement must complete a Vendor Information Form and submit original receipts, showing what was purchased, to the main office at the high school.
3.) Payment will be mailed directly to the requestor. Please allow 2-3 weeks processing time.
Work permits are issued in our main office. During the summer, someone is typically in the office from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. However, we suggest you call prior to stopping by to make sure someone is in the office. (614)921-7300.
Be sure to follow these directions and bring all applicable, completed paperwork! The student must be present to get the permit. They are required to sign it.
WORK PERMIT INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE TURNING IN YOUR APPLICATION. THE SCHOOL WILL NOT ACCEPT UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS.
FIRST TIME GETTING A WORK PERMIT:
1. STUDENT/APPLICANT INFORMATION – This section should be completed by student/applicant and requires a parent signature.
2. PLEDGE OF EMPLOYER – This section should be completed by the employer and MUST include the Tax ID number (9 digits). Also, numbers 1-4 MUST be completed with actual hours and times. The use of “representative” or “varies” will NOT be accepted.
3. PHYSICIAN’S CERTIFICATE FOR MINOR WORK PERMIT – You are required to have a work physical UNLESS you have a current Athletic Physical on file. If so, a copy of your Athletic Physical will take the place of the work physical. It is your responsibility to get the copy from the Athletic Department. During the summer, please email Jennifer_Miller@hboe.org to request a copy of your sports physical PRIOR to arriving at school to get your permit.
4. PROOF OF AGE – You must also provide a copy of your birth certificate, driver’s license or temps with your application.
5. It typically takes about 15 minutes for the work permit to be processed, and the student/applicant MUST be present to sign the completed work permit.
PRIOR WORK PERMIT COMPLETED:
If you have had a work permit issued through Hilliard Darby High School you do not need to complete steps 3 & 4. Follow steps 1, 2, & 5.
Hilliard Darby Graduation Photos are now ready and online. To access photos please go to www.mymidwestsports.com and on the top of the Home Page select Online Ordering then PrePay. You will enter an ecommerce store and then select Hilliard Darby Graduation 2022. You grad photos are in four parts: Students that received there diploma in Side A and then in Side B. Those photos are separated in different folders and in the order each student name was announced. There is a third folder that offers everyone free candid photos for free of different portions of the commencement ceremony plus a folder of the handshake with Principal, Matt Middleton. All photos are 10% off for the next 30 days only and printed photos will be shipped USPS within 10 business days. If you have any questions please call Customer Care at 614-841-7608 or email the photographer at firstname.lastname@example.org.