Click on this link to find the timeline for scheduling for the 2021-22 school year, as well as resources that have been designed to help you with the course selection and scheduling process. While there are some essential items, there are also extra resources to help you filter through the information. The counselors will be emailing this information to all students through Canvas, as well as posting a video with helpful tips on how to navigate through these resources.
As you may know, April 5-9 is the week that will be open to select the Online Academy for your student for the 2021/22 School year. We want to encourage parents and students to join the Online Academy Leadership team on March 24 at 6 PM for Elementary families and 6:30 PM for Secondary families as we share about the 21/22 school experience. We will cover many aspects of the Online Academy including class offerings, the structure of the day, attendance criteria, and overall expectations. There will be time to ask questions and learn more.
The Zoom links will be posted here closer to the 24th.
The district will host Q&A webinars for our EL families next week to help with questions regarding our return to All-In Plan, Scheduling for next year, and information about the Online Academy for next year. Please share this information with families you know who might be interested. The zoom links will be on our web page by Monday.
Spanish: Tuesday, March 2 at 6:30 p.m. Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81572331491?pwd=NHRNQXNTRnZBcWIwRzdLaDdNNGMyQT09 Passcode: elfam
Arabic: Wednesday, March 3 at 6:30 p.m. Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86391839100?pwd=ZWNRZ3ZmOEhic2s5aWo0VW1PL3E1QT09 Passcode: elfam
Somali: Thursday, March 4 at 6:30 p.m. Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82196928975?pwd=Uk9JMWZNRG1aVWRVTHZqRGx6WU8ydz09 Passcode: elfam
This does not impact students in the Online Academy. They will finish the year in the Online Academy.
The Board remains committed to providing its students with face-to-face classroom learning while maintaining student safety protocols and considering the guidance from federal, state, and local health experts related to COVID-19 and the safety of students in school.
We know parents and students will have many questions. Our operations team and our building principals are working closely to put safety protocols in place. Transportation, lunch, and social distancing plans are being finalized now.
Our teachers and principals will be talking to your student over the next several weeks. If you have specific concerns, please work with your school team. Superintendent John Marschhausen will also host another Community Q&A Zoom in the next two weeks with more details.
As we begin the process to prepare for the 2021/22 school year, we know our families have many questions. This information is for all parents/guardians, whether your student is attending in person or in the Online Academy.
Below are the steps you and your student will go through for each grade level. Here are a few important things to remember for all ages:
- 2021/22 School Year Commitments are for the entire school year. You will not have the option of choosing a half year, or switching between programs.
- The 2021/22 School Year Commitment forms will be sent out on April 5. The only parents/guardians that need to fill out the Commitment Form are those enrolling their student in the Online Academy. The deadline to enroll in the Online Academy is April 9.
- Teachers at the secondary level will be providing students with course recommendations in Home Access. You can email your teacher if you have questions about their recommendation.
- Before making the commitment to the Online Academy be sure to review the available course offerings. NOT ALL SECONDARY CLASSES ARE OFFERED IN THE ONLINE ACADEMY.
Please remember as we go through the next several weeks our principals, teachers and counselors are all available to help your family every step of the way.
All Incoming 9 -12 Grade Students
- An information video will be posted on the High School web pages beginning March 1.
- Students entering grade 9 will select courses March 1-9 in HomeAccess.
- Students entering grades 10, 11, and 12 will select courses March 10-26.
- You will be selecting both the course type and location, whether in the building or in the Online Academy. REMEMBER, NOT ALL CLASSES ARE OFFERED IN THE ONLINE ACADEMY.
- If you want to pursue college classes as an alternative to a world language, AP, or Honors course, you need to email Tom_Woodford@hboe.org to explore the options. A College Credit Plus Intent Form will also need to be filled out.
- The week of April 5-9 all parents/guardians enrolling their student in the Online Academy will need to fill out the 2021/22 School Year Commitment form with your decision for the entire school year.
Congratulations to the Darby Ethics Bowl team of seniors Samantha Dicke, Yasmeen Khafagy, Olivia Lithiluxa, Collin Meek, Aisha Peerbhoy, and Isbela Yanes for their outstanding performances at the Ohio High School Ethics Bowl Contest, held virtually on Saturday, January 30th. The team earned 3rd Place in the state after three outstanding preliminary rounds, where they tied Bradley and won against Davidson and Coldwater. They had a very impressive day overall, just barely missing the Championship Round by literally .5 judge votes. Way to go, Panthers!