Block week will be Tuesday March 14 and Wednesday March 15. Schedule and Information is below.
Get more details.
IMPORTANT: If school is cancelled on Tuesday due to inclement weather, the Block Week Schedule will be pushed back a day. Wednesday will be Odd Periods and Thursday will be Even Periods.
Attention Junior Parents
Per Ohio state law, the Ohio Department of Education will be paying for one administration of a college readiness examination to all juniors. Hilliard City Schools has chosen the ACT for our students. On April 19, 2017, all juniors (according to their grade in Home Access) will be taking the ACT test at their home building. This date was pre-assigned by the state and ACT. Students will report to school as normal, and the district will mimic the administration procedures typically enforced at a National, Saturday administration of the ACT. Below is additional information that will be helpful on both test day and leading up to test day. Please contact your building counselor’s office for additional questions or clarification.
- Students will NOT need to register individually; we will register students at the district level directly with ACT.
- All ACT test security measures will be in place for this state assessment. Students should be prepared NOT to bring their cell phones into the testing location, and should have proper identification with them. (Current school ID, driver’s license, state ID, etc.)
- Students who are found to be in violation of the “No Cell Phone” rule may have their phone confiscated, and face additional discipline consequences, including possible suspension.
- Students will do the pre-administration portion of the test PRIOR to test day. A portion of the pre-administration will allow students to choose up to four colleges they would like their scores to be sent.
- Students should plan to bring an ACT approved calculator to the test administration. (Please see the ACT website, linked below, for the full list of approved calculators.)
- Score reports will be sent directly to students’ homes from ACT no later than 8 weeks from the testing date.
- Students can, but are not required to, sign up for an ACT web-account prior to testing. Students should be able to see scores in the account no later than 8 weeks after testing.
- Students, who already have an ACT web-account, should be able to see their scores from the state administration in their account no later than 8 weeks from the test date.
- For testing specific questions, please check the ACT website: http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act.html
As we approach the conclusion of the 2016-17 school year, senior activities and graduation planning for the Class of 2017 is underway. The documents listed below have all the information you need to know about important dates and events.
Jostens graduation products delivery day: Attention Seniors, Jostens will deliver cap & gown and graduation announcement products on Wednesday, April 19th after the senior picture in the gymnasium. All seniors should stop at the Jostens table to pick up graduation items. Reminder final payment is required to take home your items on this day. Payment options, CASH ONLY will be accepted in school on the delivery day. You can pay online with credit card 24hrs in advance. Personal checks are no longer accepted. Please check your email for final balance due amount. Questions? Please email Jostens: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
Emilio Umeoka the Vice President of Sales for Apple Education recently brought a team to visit our District and learn from our teachers and students. Members of their team commented on the strength of the Hilliard culture. They were excited to see the passion, energy and engagement of students and staff.
Our vision is aligned with our purpose. Unlike other places, we aren’t just talking the talk. Our culture and behavior is evident in our work. To quote one of the Apple Executives, “You guys just breathe this stuff.”
Yes . . . we breathe it because it is our core. Our hearts and minds are aligned. We embrace innovation and we have a true passion for growth.
Esam Hammoudi has been elected Governor of the Ohio District of Key Club International. He will be responsible for all the Key Clubs in the state of Ohio. His goal is to grow Key Club across the state. Esam got involved in Key Club his sophomore year and has been an invaluable member. Last year he was elected to be the Lieutenant Governor of our division as a junior. His job consisted of developing a division project for the 13 schools in our division. He also was there to help the clubs develop their programs.
Please join Superintendent John Marschhausen for coffee during one of his upcoming Coffee Connections. These are informal events where community members can stop by, grab a cup of coffee and chat with the Superintendent. Please make plans to attend one of these.
- March 15, 8-9:30 am at Panera, Mill Run
- March 16, 10-11 am at Starbucks, Mill Run
- March 17, 8-9:30 am at Coffee Connections
From time to time Superintendent John Marschhausen is asked similar questions from different members of the community. In an effort to share the answers with everyone he puts the questions here with his candid responses.
My son is a high school athlete. Our neighbor’s kids are in the band and always selling things and asking for money. What is the district’s position on mandatory fundraisers?
First of all, and I can’t be any more direct, there are no mandatory fundraisers. If you feel your child is being pressured into selling items or asking for money, please contact your school’s principal. We don’t force student participation in fundraising activities. Read More…
Great news! Parents and guardians now have access to Canvas as an observer. Canvas is Hilliard’s LMS (Learning Management System). Your Canvas Observer account is designed to provide visibility into your child’s education at a glance. As an observer, parents can view assignment descriptions and due dates, set notifications for course activity, view assignment grades and course announcements. Remember that Canvas provides only a slice of what your child is accomplishing in school. The teacher’s use of Canvas will vary depending on the course of study or grade level. For more information about specific courses your child is taking find the classroom teacher’s “course information” within Canvas or ask your child how they use Canvas in their classroom!
Parents/Guardians can login to Canvas using the same username and password used for Home Access Center. Login to Canvas
Congrats to the following students who are now National Merit Finalist. Audrey Cowen, Lily He, Adunoluwa Obisesan, Matthew Connell, Nathan Pimental, Sean Hollowell, Christopher Long, Justin Knueppel.
Congratulations to the following students who had their artwork placed in the 2017 Ohio Regional Scholastic Art Awards Competition. Students awarded a Gold Key or Silver Key will have their work on display at Columbus College of Art and Design in the Canzani Center in February. Congratulations to All. Read More…
Congratulations to the following Swimmers who qualified for the OHSAA State Swim Meet this weekend in Canton, Ohio.
Senior Claire Schamp, Junior Taylor Leone, Freshmen Isa Quimba, Senior Tia McLaughlin and Junior Lexi McDonald