Military Service Information Form
Hilliard Davidson High School is committed to serving families connected to our nation’s military. The resources below provide an overview of the educational opportunities and services that may be of interest to military-connected families who will be joining Hilliard Davidson High Schools’ family. We are proud to be a Military Purple Star Award School!
Hilliard Davidson High School also acknowledges and celebrates our military families and military history in several ways, including:
- Veterans Appreciation Night at our high school football and basketball games
- Veterans Day events
- Military Honoree Board
- Military Signing Event
- Fundraising drives for military-related organizations such as Honor Flight
- Military Information Night
Helpful Links for Military Families
- Parent to Parent Webinars from MilitaryChild.org – updated webinars to assist in coping and navigating the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Purple Star Award: for military-friendly schools recognizes schools that show a major commitment to students and families connected to our nation’s military. Schools that earn the award will receive a special Purple Star recognition to display onsite.
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC): The mission of MCEC is to ensure inclusive, quality educational opportunities for all military-connected children affected by mobility, transition, deployments, and family separation.
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission: The Compact provides information addressing key educational transition issues encountered by military families including enrollment, placement, attendance, eligibility, and graduation.
- Ohio Military Youth and Family Events Calendar: A listing of Ohio military youth activities and camps compiled by the Ohio Adjutant General’s Department.
- Military One Source: A central hub and go-to-place for the military community. Provides information about military benefits, deployments, reintegration, moves, parenthood, retirement, and more.
- Military Children On The Move Website – The link below was taken from the Military OneSource website specifically geared toward students of military-connected families
- Ohio Family Readiness and Warrior Support Program: The Family Readiness and Warrior Support programs are designed to teach Ohio’s Service Members and Families to be “good fishermen” – knowledgeable, aware of resources, adaptable, and networked to succeed and grow from the experiences unique to military culture. In addition to providing information, the programs provide a platform to meet and relate to other Service Members and Families who understand the challenges and experiences of military life – and in particular, the challenges facing our geographically dispersed force.
- Ohio Military Kids: A support network for military youth who experience a loved one’s deployment. It provides recreational, social, and educational programs for military youth in civilian communities geographically dispersed throughout the state.
- Delaware County Veterans Services: Assists in making applications for benefits administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), emergency financial assistance information, and guidance in obtaining aid from various federal, state, and local organizations.
- ODE – Supporting Ohio’s Military Families: Information on a number of Ohio programs to assist military families.
- American Red Cross: Emergency communication for military families, financial assistance, referral services, deployment support, and services.
- Veterans Crisis Line: Connects veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.
- National Military Family Association: Provides information and resources related to services and programs for military families.
- Pets for Vets: Pairs veterans with shelter dogs that are specially selected to match the veterans’ personality.
- Our Military Kids: A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created to provide support (grants) and recognition to military children. Grants pay for participation in activities that help children cope with stress and anxiety while their parents are recovering or absent.
- Sesame Workshop: Provides much-needed support and practical education through Talk, Listen, Connect, a multiphase outreach initiative to help young kids through deployments, combat-related injuries, and the death of a loved one.
- Real Warriors: A multimedia public awareness campaign designed to encourage help-seeking behavior among service members, veterans, and military families coping with invisible wounds.
- Ohio Higher Education for Veterans: Information and resources related to higher education for veterans, service members, and their families.
- Military Impacted Schools Association: A national organization of school superintendents with a higher concentration of military students. It provides useful links for military families and educator resources.