Please join us in celebrating diversity and inclusion in the Hilliard City Schools. For the week of January 18-22, we will celebrate the diversity of Hilliard City Schools students, staff, and community with a focus on what it means to seek equity, celebrate diversity, and be inclusive. Each day has a different focus.
- Monday – MLK Jr Day “Celebrate Diversity, Inclusion, Equity”
- Tuesday – “My Story Matters” Celebrate what makes you unique. Celebrate ethnicities, abilities, backgrounds, cultures, orientations, etc.
- Wednesday – “Your Story Matters” We want you to share how you support others in fostering inclusive environments; how you make everyone feel welcome.
- Thursday – “I Am Always Learning” This is the day to recognize and shout out to people you have learned something from or share a resource you recommend.
- Friday – “I’m Ready for What’s Next” Share how you will pledge to continue moving forward.
We encourage you to join and post your own inclusion messages. #InclusionHCSD
We will also be hosting an evening webinar on January 21st at 5:00 pm with Dr. Gholdy Muhammad. She is a professor at Georgia State and author of the book Cultivating Genius: An Equity Framework for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy. This event is open to the entire community. Here is a link to join the webinar.