Current Learning Mode
The Hilliard School District remains in All-In Learning Mode.
This does not impact students in the Online Academy. They will finish the year in the Online Academy.
Board Approved February 23, 2021
HCS Learning Modes Based District Data
School Age: <20%
<1.5 Times Threshold
School Age: 20% to 30%
CONSIDER: All-In or Hybrid
>1.5 TIMES THRESHOLD
School Age: > 30%
CONSIDER: Hybrid or eLearning
1. Student absences due to illness > 15%
2. Staff absences due to illness > 5%
3. Student clinic visits due to influenza or COVID-like symptoms > 5 per 1000 per day
2 Indicators Met
3 Indicators Met
Staff Availability by Grade Level
Proportion of staff absences and substitute availability to meet
Varies Based on Grade Level
Superintendent may transition all or some buildings to
eLearning if staffing issues arise or positivity levels increase
HCS Educational Plans
Families will have the choice of keeping their student(s) in whichever plan Hilliard Schools operates under or enrolling their child in the Online Academy.
All students will attend Hilliard City Schools Monday through Friday on a normal school bell schedule with additional safety precautions in place.
~3' Social Distance
Face to Face Learning
Standard School Day
Face to Face and Online instruction. 50% of students will attend Hilliard City Schools every other day with additional safety precautions in place.
6' Social Distance
eLearning on at home days
Students split into A and B groups
Students will learn from home using our online learning management system called Canvas. This option could be implemented at a class, building, or district level.
Updated, more robust 100% remote learning experience
Special Education services may be adjusted
Specified schedule with daily teacher interaction
Learn From The Comfort of Home!
Registration for the 2021-22 school year will start on April 5. The deadline to commit is April 9
All online courses were written and are continually updated by Hilliard teachers. The courses align with what is taught in the classrooms and are designed to be engaging for students
Facial Covering Expectations
All Teachers & Staff
- Will wear cloth face masks or face shields
- All students must wear a face covering while attending school or a school function in any school building, facility, or another area of a school campus, and when riding in school-provided transportation, unless an exception applies. Students in this grade range will be expected to wear masks while seated in classrooms but will be afforded mask breaks outside when practical.
- All students must wear a face covering while attending school or a school function in any school building, facility, or another area of a school campus, and when riding in school-provided transportation, unless an exception applies.
Health Appeal Process for face covering with district nurses
- Face Protection Exemption form deadline is August 17, 2020.
- Face shields and other measures to be approved through the appeal process
- District to work with health care professionals & Franklin County Public Health