A physical space that is inviting, safe and flexible. This environment promotes communication, collaboration, innovation, inspiration, creative exploration which encourages learning through productivity.
How can I create an inviting and collaborative learning environment?
1. Student choice is embedded throughout the learning process. Learning may appear non-traditional with high student engagement.
2. Physical learning space is inviting and purposefully designed to promote creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication.
3. Environment is where experimentation and failure is encouraged. A growth mindset culture is valued and embraced.
4. Students have the flexibility to move fluidly throughout the learning environment in order to produce high quality work.
Flexibility of space
Encourages flexible student grouping
- Encourages student engagement and active learning
Teacher as facilitator
- Efficient flow of learning
Read180 – a station-based learning space
Innovative Learning Center – The ILC has blended existing programming with newly developed ideas in the attempt to offer options for each and every student in the Hilliard City School District to learn and achieve in the best possible manner.
Literacy Circles/Collaborative Model
- Sparkspace – http://www.sparkspace.com/