High School Highlights
- Session I – May 30 through June 9
- Session II – June 12 through June 23
- PE Session – May 30 through July 7
All courses are available through Canvas
Students can take one academic course per session plus PE with a total of 2 academic courses for the summer
Students may register for courses to recover credit for failed classes or to get ahead. If you register for a course for first-time credit, your registration will be pending approval by your guidance counselor. Each semester course is $150 for students taking the course for first-time credit. Students who previously failed a course and need to retake the course will not be charged.
Registration closed on May 10th. If you would like to add your student’s name to the waitlist, please click here.
Log into My Payments Plus to register.
REGISTER IN PERSON
Hilliard City Schools Innovative Learning Center 5323 Cemetery Road, Hilliard, OH 43026
High School Details
Students currently in grades 8-12 may enroll in the high school summer courses.
All high school courses are only offered online through Canvas. Outside of the virtual welcome meeting, there are no required meetings.
Teachers will hold daily office hours through Zoom and are available to meet in person at the Innovative Learning Center.
Students will be expected to engage with coursework daily and should plan for 4-5 hours per day.
See the suggested pacing guide for number of lessons to complete per weekday.
Students taking the second half of a state-tested course (Algebra 1 B, ELA2 B, Biology B, Geometry B, US History 2, US Government 2) will need to take the state end-of-course exam on June 26 at their home building.
All students will be required to attend a virtual welcome meeting on the first day of the session. Links for the Zoom meeting will be shared after registration is complete.
- May 30 at 12:00 p.m. for Session 1 academic courses
- May 30 at 1:00 p.m. for PE1 or PE2
- June 12 at 12:00 p.m. for Session 2 academic courses
Each semester course is $150 for students taking the course for first time credit. Students who previously failed a course and need to retake the course will not be charged.
COURSES & SESSIONS:
- Students may take up to 1 academic course per session, with a total of 2 academic courses for the summer.
- If desired, students may additionally take 1 PE course for the summer.
- First-time credit in the core content areas require guidance counselor approval.
- All offerings will be based on available staffing. Should registration exceed our available staffing, families will be notified by May 12.
- Cancellations will only be accommodated prior to the first day of each session. After the first day of the session, refunds will no longer be granted
*Core Content Course (first-time credit approval required)
+ State end-of-course exam required during Summer testing window.
#Meets financial literacy does need to be added for Personal Finance and College Fundamentals.
|English 9A*||1 or 2|
|English 9B*||1 or 2|
|English 10A*||1 or 2|
|English 10B*+||1 or 2|
|English 11A*||1 or 2|
|English 11B*||1 or 2|
|English 12A*||1 or 2|
|English 12B*||1 or 2|
|Algebra 1A*||1 or 2|
|Algebra 1B*+||1 or 2|
|Algebra 2A*||1 or 2|
|Algebra 2B*||1 or 2|
|Algebra 3A||1 or 2|
|Algebra 3B||1 or 2|
|Geometry A*||1 or 2|
|Geometry B*+||1 or 2|
|Physical Science A *||1 or 2|
|Physical Science B *||1 or 2|
|Environmental Science||1 or 2|
|Marine & Freshwater Ecosystems||1 or 2|
|Biology A*||1 or 2|
|Biology B*+||1 or 2|
|US History 1||1 or 2|
|US History 2*+||1 or 2|
|Government 1*||1 or 2|
|Government 2*+||1 or 2|
|World Studies 1*||1 or 2|
|World Studies 2*||1 or 2|
|Health||1 or 2|
|Physical Education 1||PE Session|
|Physical Education 2||PE Session|
|Future Ready||1 or 2|
|Personal Finance||1 or 2|