Welcome to Hilliard Horizon’s PTO
Hilliard Horizon Elementary School’s PTO is a very active and successful non-profit, volunteer organization comprised of all parents/guardians, teachers, and staff of Horizon students. The goal of the PTO is to enhance the educational, social, and cultural experience for all of our students. Our funding supports many student and family activities held throughout the year, including Cookies and Cocoa, Muffins with Moms, and Donuts with Dad and field trips for the students for starters!
We also supplement Horizon’s academic programming in many ways, including materials for art, music and gym, etc. To meet our goals this year, the Horizon PTO will hold several fundraisers including the Spring Flower Sale, Walk-a-thon, Box Tops for Education collection and a #GivingTuesday campaign. In addition, Hilliard Horizon PTO will continue to raise funds by holding spirit nights at local businesses and restaurants. And, of course, the PTO always needs volunteers to make our events a success. Our goal is to offer a variety of choices in which you may participate depending upon each family’s preference and schedule. The school and PTO use eNews to send reminders and keep you informed about upcoming events.
- We would love to see you at our PTO meetings. Parent participation and contribution are critical to our success. Meetings are held in the Horizon Media Center at 6:30 pm on the second Monday of each month. Our meetings generally last one hour and provide the most effective way to stay informed about what is going on in the school.
- Click here – https://www.hilliardschools.org/hzn/news/calendar/ to see the calendar of events and meetings. If you would like to discuss any new business at the meeting and would like it added to the agenda, please e-mail it to hilliardhorizonPTO@gmail.com a few days prior to the meeting.
Interested in making a donation to the Hilliard Horizon PTO? Click on the PTO’s Paypal Giving Fund link below and make an online donation. Please know that the Hilliard Horizon PTO will receive 100% of its supporters’ online donations since Paypal Giving Fund will not charge the Hilliard Horizon PTO any service fees.
* Hilliard Horizon PTO Online Donation Link: paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/1245232
There are numerous opportunities for Horizon families to volunteer their time. Here are just some of the ways to volunteer your time to Hilliard Horizon Elementary:
* Stop in the library to help reshelve books.
* Talk to your child’s teacher about any help they may need in the classroom from making copies to reading to students.
* Consider volunteering at an event or with a project for the PTO, just send the PTO an email at email@example.com and let us know you are interested in volunteering.
* Go shopping! Did you know that you can support Hilliard Horizon Elementary simply when you shop at Kroger, Giant Eagle and even Amazon through their community rewards programs? Click on the link to find out how – Horizon Community Rewards Instructions 9_20_18
* President – Stephanie Dailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Vice President – Heather Dempsey (email@example.com)
* Secretary – Kathleen Vallejos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Treasurer – Michelle Blackman (email@example.com)
* ISPTO Representative – Melina Gallegos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Principal – Hilary Sloat (email@example.com)
* Teacher Representative – Cara Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Teacher Representative – Margaret Romine (email@example.com)