Tuesday, October 9
- The Weaver Ski & Board Club is getting all its frozen little ducks in a row! The informational meeting will be TONIGHT at 7:00 PM in the Weaver commons. Come learn more about the club and what it offers. No experience is needed. Most of our club members learn to ski and snowboard in middle school! If you can’t make the meeting – no problem. The Club information packet will be available on the Weaver webpage and in the main office starting Wednesday, October 10. With questions please contact Mr. Banyots at David_Banyots@hboe.org
- Make-up picture day this Friday the 12th
- TED-Ed Club will meet this Tuesday, right after school until 3:30, in room 213. If you missed our first meeting but are interested in participating in this year’s TED-Ed Club cycle, there’s still time to join! Questions? See Ms. Kitchen in room 213.
- Next Spirit Wear sale date: Oct 11 & 12. We will sell at all 3 lunches both days and during parent conferences in the evening. On the 12th the Davidson game is at Coffman and is Blue Theme…we have blue stuff to sell.
- Meetings in the Media Center this week are:
- Tuesday after school Music Writing Club
- Thursday during all lunches GSA
- Thursday after school Newspaper Club
- Battle over Books members can come get books to start reading
- Be sure to get your name in the raffle to see author Nnedi Okorfor this Wednesday at the Hilliard Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. This Nigerian author will talk about her teen fantasy books and answer questions. You will receive a copy of her book, and she will autograph it, and Graeter’s Ice Cream be served!
- Just a reminder to all 7th and 8th grade football players that our recognition assembly will be in the main gym tonight at 7:00pm. Please remind your parents. We will begin at 7:00pm. The ski club meeting will be in the commons and we will meet in the main gym. Dress up with shirt and tie. See you tonight.
- The Weaver girls soccer team’s winning regular season record earned them the #4 seed in the league tournament which started Monday evening. Playing against the #5 seed Academy, the Cats scored two minutes in and controlled play for the first portion of the match. Despite creating chances, the Cats could not add to the early lead. Over the last ten minutes of the first half, the Cats conceded five straight goals. Turnovers, poor marking and good play by Academy in that stretch were too much for the talented Cats to claw back from and the final score ended 7-2. While the Cats season ended in disappointing fashion, the girls are to be congratulated for their hard work and winning regular season record. Go Cats!
- Boys soccer has a Great win last night! The Boys played hard and won their first tournament game 4-3 against Columbus Academy. The boys will take on Worthington Christian Thursday at 5:45