Monday, March 11
- The Hilliard Optimist Club hosted the District Oratorical Contest at Heritage Golf Club this past Saturday. Weaver was represented by three participants, along with a Davidson student. Our group consisted of: From Weaver: Phil Cox, Marissa Colston, Saad Ijaz. From Davidson: Haanya Ijaz. Haanya Ijaz received an honorable mention for her presentation! If you see these students, congratulate them on job well done!
- Leadership academy will be selling green lemonade on March 14 and 15th for $1 a piece to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! All of the proceeds will go to provide lunch for Hilliard Police and fire station.
- The PTO is sponsoring a “March Madness” Social on Friday, March 15th. We will have a Basketball Contest, Video Game Room, Board/Card Game Room. There will be food, music, fun and prizes. Get your friends together, come to Weaver, Friday, March 15 from 7-9. Cost $5.00 sold during lunches. We will only be selling on Thursday and Friday, March 14 & 15. $6.00 at the door.
- March Book Madness has started! See your Language Arts teacher OR Mrs. Dorr for the QR code for you to play in the first round of the tournament!
- Author Jay Coles visits Weaver this Wednesday morning.If you’d like a pass to attend, please let Mrs. Dorr know.
- Digital Animation is a free summer program at Ohio State for young women currently in 7th or 8th grade and currently living in the Columbus area. For two weeks, the select group of young women will work with women mentors using problem-solving skills and collaborative learning to create digital animation projects at the Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design at The Ohio State University. Want more information? Please see the Weaver Web Page or pick up a packet in the office.