Pumpkin spice icebox cake
Light whipped topping
8 oz, thawed, divided
8 sheet(s), (16 squares)
Powdered sugar (confectioner’s)
Pumpkin pie spice
1¼ tsp, divided
- Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, making sure there is overlap over all edges. Spread 1½ cups whipped topping into bottom of lined pan. Arrange 2½ graham cracker sheets over whipped topping, breaking crackers as needed to fit into pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ½ cup whipped topping, pumpkin, sugar, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Spread half of pumpkin mixture over graham cracker layer in pan. Top with 2½ graham cracker sheets, breaking crackers as needed to fit into pan. Spread remaining pumpkin mixture over graham crackers. Top with remaining 3 graham crackers, breaking crackers as needed to fit into pan. Spread remaining 1 cup whipped topping over graham crackers. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight to soften graham crackers.
- Freeze cake for 1 to 1½ hours before serving to firm it up. Remove from freezer, uncover, and invert onto a platter; discard plastic wrap. Dust cake with remaining ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 (1-inch-thick) slice
Roasted vegetable and four-bean chili
Uncooked red onion(s) – 1 large, chopped
Sweet red pepper(s) – 1 medium, seeded, chopped
Orange bell pepper – 1 medium, seeded, chopped
Yellow pepper(s) – 1 medium, seeded, chopped
Cooked frozen yellow corn – 3 cup(s)
Uncooked zucchini – 1 large, diced
Olive oil – 1 tbsp(s)
Kosher salt – 1½ tsp(s), or to taste
Black pepper – ¼ tsp(s)
Canned diced tomatoes – 45 oz
Canned black beans –15 oz, rinsed and drained
Canned black eye peas –1½ cup(s), rinsed and drained
Canned pinto beans –15 oz, rinsed and drained
Canned low sodium red kidney beans –15 oz, rinsed and drained
Chili powder –1 tsp(s), ancho variety
Maple syrup – 1 tbsp(s)
Minced garlic – 1 tbsp(s)
Canned chipotle pepper(s) –2 tsp(s), minced
Smoked paprika – 1 tsp(s), smoked variety
Cilantro – 2 tbsp(s), chopped
Uncooked scallion(s) – 2 medium, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together onion, peppers, corn, zucchini, oil, salt and black pepper; spread evenly across prepared pans. Roast, stirring once halfway through cooking, until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon roasted vegetables and remaining ingredients, except cilantro and scallions, into a large soup pot; stir well. Set pot over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for flavors to blend, about 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and scallions just before serving.