Self-Care Series with Brandi Lust will be back in the New Year!
Each session will take place at the ILC, running from 4:30 – 6:00. These sessions will have an ALL NEW focus – Self Care for Educators!
Feel free to invite a new friend, too. This is a great smaller commitment for those who couldn’t do the full course in previous years!
You can sign up for ANY of these sessions (see below) on PD Express. Keep in mind, you can pick and choose which sessions you want to attend so you don’t have to sign up for all of them.
Here are the sessions and dates:
Self-Care Session 1: The Power of Rest, Jan. 16, 4:30-6:00 PM @ the ILC
Would you describe yourself as well-rested? Getting enough rest is a critical component to physical and emotional well-being. When we don’t get enough sleep, we aren’t able to function well, and we are setting ourselves up for illness. When we do, we are able to be our best selves.
Take some time for yourself while learning more about the science of sleep and how it applies to your own life. In session 1, participants will:
- · Find out about the fascinating science of sleep—why it matters, and how it benefits you
- · Assess your own sleep habits and find out how you can be more well-rested
- · Learn a relaxation practice that will help you get better sleep
Self-Care Session 2: The Power of Boundaries, Jan. 23, 4:30-6:00 PM @ the ILC
Do you struggle to set boundaries? Healthy boundaries are critical. When we don’t have them, it hurts to our own health and well-being, in addition to the well-being of our relationships. When we do have them, we are able to flourish in our own lives and be there for others most effectively.
Take time for yourself, and explore how you can set healthy boundaries in work and life. In session 2, participants will:
- · Find out about the fascinating science of setting boundaries—why it matters and how it benefits us
- · Assess where boundaries could be helpful in your own life
- · Learn a mindfulness practice that can encourage healthy boundary setting
Self-Care Session 3: The Power of Intentions, Feb. 11, 4:30-6:00 PM @ the ILC
Are you always aware of your intentions? There is truth to the saying “Where intention goes, energy flows.” However, when we don’t know our own intentions, we act unconsciously—often with unintended consequences. When we use the power of self-awareness, however, we can examine our intentions, and make conscious choices about our behaviors.
Take time for yourself, and explore how awareness of intentions can lead to purposeful action. In session 3, participants will:
- · Find out how the powerful tool of knowing your intentions can lead to a more purposeful life
- · Assess how intentions are currently driving you forward, and where change may be needed
- · Learn a mindfulness practice that can encourage self-awareness and setting of meaningful intentions
Session 4: The Power of Trusting Ourselves, Feb. 25, 4:30-6:00 PM @ the ILC
Do you ever find it difficult to trust your own feelings and choices? If so, you are not alone. However, when we aren’t able to trust our own intuitions, we are less confident and secure in the world in general. When we believe that we are operating from a place of wisdom, we feel comfortable, safe, and more confident in who we are.
Take time for yourself, and explore how self-trust can improve your quality of life. In session 4, participants will:
- · Find out how the powerful tool of self-trust can lead to increased confidence in ourselves & the world
- · Assess where self-trust is currently operating in your life—and where it isn’t
- · Learn a mindfulness practice for exploring your own wisdom and finding inner-guidance