2019 HCSD SUMMER ENRICHMENT CAMP
We are headed into year five, and we hope you will join us for a fun week in the summer! With a full day of classes from 8:30 – 3:30 each day, camp t-shirt, opening and closing camp ceremonies, we know we’ll be creating memories the kids will always remember!
There are a variety of classes being offered in the areas of science, art, technology, physical education, and more!
Camp: Monday, June 10th –
Friday, June 14th
Registration Opens: Monday, April 8th
Registration Closes: Monday, May 6th
Morning Session: 8:30 – 11:30 AM
Lunch & Recess: 11:30 – 12:30 PM
Afternoon Session: 12:30 – 3:30 PM
3859 Main Street
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
NEXT Director: Mark Tremayne
HCSD NEXT Summer Enrichment Coordinator: Paige Canale
Teachers: HCSD Teachers
The fee for each course includes: 15 hours of instructional time, course materials and a camp t-shirt.
If your child enrolls in two courses, the cost also includes the cost of supervision during the lunch/recess hour. Students must provide their own lunch.
One course (8:30 – 11:30 OR 12:30 – 3:30) : $90
Two courses (8:30 – 3:30, including supervised lunch/recess hour): $180
WHO CAN ATTEND CAMP
All campers must be enrolled in Hilliard City Schools. There are classes available for students who are currently in kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th grade during the 2018 – 2019 school year.
8:20 – 8:30 Doors open. Campers should walk to their rooms.
8:30 – 11:30 Morning Session
11:30 Parents pick up campers who are taking only a morning course
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch (packed from home) and Recess
12:20 – 12:30 Parents drop off campers who are taking only an afternoon course
12:30 – 3:30 Afternoon Session
3:30 Parents pick up all campers
At Hilliard Summer Enrichment Camp, we expect our staff to be prepared with fun, exciting lessons that will engage the campers’ interests, so that they can have fun and learn at the same time.
We expect all campers to exhibit the same caliber of behavior as they would in their classrooms. In Hilliard, we take care of ourselves, we take care of others and we take care of our school. This includes following teacher instructions and keeping control of our bodies. Students who are unable to meet these expectations may miss some of their camp experience, up to and including being asked to withdraw from camp. We expect parents to help their children remember these expectations, and to drop off and pick up their children on time each day. Mostly, we expect everyone to have a fantastic time!
Registration takes just a few steps!
1. Read through the course catalog for your child’s grade level. Make a list of the courses your child would like to take. Be sure to note which courses are AM and PM.
2. Click “Register Now” link above. Please fill out and submit this form to begin your registration. When you are finished, please return to this page to continue.
3. Click on the link to MyPaymentsPlus.com above. This will take you to their website. If you do not have a MyPaymentsPlus account, you will need to make one. You will need your child’s ID (lunch) number to do this.
4. Click on the “NEXT Enrichment Classes” button. You will be able to choose from HALF DAY (1 Course) Only or FULL DAY (2 Courses) with Lunch (lunch is not provided). Select which option you would like to choose, and click “Continue Payment” at the bottom. Follow instructions to pay for the course.
5. You may get a screen asking you to choose courses. This screen has errors, and you may not see the courses you want. Please do not worry. Pick anything. What you signed up for on the Registration is the course(s) you are choosing. The camp coordinator will never see what courses you chose in My Payments Plus. (We are attempting to delete this step from the process. Our apologies for the confusion.)
You should receive the option for a receipt. After that, you are done!
If you are unable to create a My Payments Plus account, or you would prefer to pay by check, please send a check made out to Hilliard City Schools care of Angel Shepherd, ILC, 5323 Cemetery Rd. Hilliard, Ohio 43026. Please put “Summer Enrichment for (child’s full name or ID#)” in the memo line so the money is credited to the correct account.
If you have other questions regarding payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All courses must have a minimum of 12 students to run. Courses which do not run will be canceled, and all campers will be given the opportunity to choose another course that is not yet full, or your money will be refunded.
All courses have a size limit between 12 – 25, as listed in the Course Catalog. Courses that fill up will be closed. Should you register for a course that is closed, we will move your child to another course of their choosing, if one is available. If this is not possible, we will contact you.
If, for any reason, you child is unable to attend camp but you have already paid, please inform email@example.com and ask for a refund. If you accidentally over-pay during the registration process, your money will be refunded and you will only pay for the course(s) your child actually takes. Refunds go through the treasurer’s office and can take 2 – 3 weeks to process.