Please consider private lessons!
Below are reasons why students would benefit from additional study with a private teacher:
- Students who are doing well in class can study more challenging literature in their lessons so that they are not bored with instrumental study. They will also be fine-tuning their technique and learning more efficiently!
- Students who struggle can get one-on-one help with playing position, note-reading and playing technique.
- Private study now will boost your child’s progress! In the upper grades, many classes are grouped by ability — private lessons will give your child the opportunity to be placed in the advanced string groups (like the Middle School Honors Orchestra), and to earn higher “chairs” in their school groups.
- Private study gives a child the opportunity to constantly hear the sound of another teacher, which they can imitate.
- Taking lessons gives a student the opportunity to play music which is geared to his or her specific interests (e.g., fiddling, blues, jazz, pop) and the chance study solo material for his or her own instrument.
PLEASE CONTACT ME BELOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE SPECIFIC TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR CHILD!