2020 Band Camp Schedule
Due to the health needs of our community, the limitations of indoor rehearsal space use, and the changes that are happening in our performance season, we have changed the band camp schedule. Please see the Calendar of Events page for a full list of our schedule as it stands now, understanding that things are changing rapidly.
July 27th – Leadership: 10:30-12:00; Rookies and Leadership: 1:00-4:00; Percussion: 9:00-1:00.
July 28th- Leadership: 10:30-12:00; Rookies and Leadership: 1:00-4:00; Percussion: 9:00-1:00.
July 29th-31st- BAND CAMP!! All students: 8:00-12:30.
August 3rd-7th- BAND CAMP!! All students: 8:00-12:30.
August 10th-14th- Post Camp: All students: 6:00-9:00pm.
We are in a global pandemic that affects our ability to function as normal. However, it is the goal of every director to provide a safe, productive, and rewarding marching band experience this season. Changes are inevitable and unknown. Please be patient with us as we navigate this time and be diligent with checking our communication channels. Email communication will be an essential tool for this community to function smoothly, so we urge parents and students to please check your accounts daily.
Specific COVID-19 mitigation efforts and protocols include:
- Anyone with symptoms should not come to rehearsal. If symptoms have been experienced and/or reported, they will be sent home.
- Students will have staggered arrival times to avoid large groups arriving at once.
- All persons (students, staff, and parent volunteers) will be screened upon arrival. This includes answering health screening questions and completing a temperature check. All persons will also use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Indoor and outdoor rehearsal group sizes will be monitored based upon the phase of participation we are in, determined by the district. Please refer to the school district webpage for more information on Phase distinctions and restrictions:
- We plan on doing as much as possible outside. If we use an indoor space for any reason, we will be strict about mask use and will always observe 6-foot distancing.
- All staff will be required to wear face coverings at all times when working with students. Students will be STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to wear masks at all times when not playing, unless there is some medical reason preventing them from doing so. When playing, students will lower masks then immediately replace the mask when finished. **These mask-wearing procedures apply during all rehearsals, performances, travel, and band activities where 2 or more students, parents, or directors are congregating.**
- There will be no community water provided during outdoor practices. All students will be responsible for having their own large water bottle. *Safe procedures for filling water bottles are being investigated.
- Students will not share any equipment. This includes flags, mallets, instruments, etc… All equipment and maintenance needs must be managed personally.
Please use the following links to stay up-to-date with all changing information and as actively involved in this program and your student’s band/school experience as possible.
2020 Hilliard Schools Restart: https://www.hilliardschools.org/20-21/
Athletic Participation Phasing Explanations:
Phase 1: https://www.hilliardschools.org/phase-1-athletic-restart-guidelines/
Phase 2: https://www.hilliardschools.org/hdv/athletic-restart-phase-2/
Phase 3 guidelines have not been made public at this time.
HCSD Volunteer Badge Application: https://www.hilliardschools.org/schools/volunteer/
There are several ways that you can stay informed of the events, details, and essential information related to the marching band. Please visit the following locations to get the most updated information NOW!
Calendar of Events
Weekly Blurb, Cookie Patrol, and other email communications.
Charms (student profiles and fees owed)
Handshue Private Lesson Scholarship
How to make an Online Donation
To make a credit card donation online, follow the instructions below using the link to the Davidson Music Boosters’ Charms Office Assistant Website:
- Enter the School Code as follows (no spaces): DavidsonMusic
- If you are a Davidson Band parent or student, log-in to your Charms account, go to the Online Store and proceed as usual.
- If you do not have a Charms account, select the Guest Shopping icon, then click the Just Browsing button.
- Choose the HANDSHUE SCHOLARSHIP DONATION option under Available Items.
- On the next section, click on “Handshue Scholarship Donation” on the left, then “Enter Donation Amount” on the right.
- Enter amount of donation and UPDATE CART.
- When you are ready, hit the green “Logon to Checkout” button.
- You will be asked to create a temporary shopping account. Once your account is set up and you are logged in, click the green CHECKOUT button.
- Choose “PayPal” as your payment option and select “Process Payment“.
- To complete your donation, you will be taken to the PayPal website- you can log in with your existing PayPal account OR you can choose the PayPal Guest Checkout option.
The remainder of the process if just like any other online payment transaction. You will receive an email confirmation of your donation from PayPal. If you have any questions or problems with the online donation process, please email Angie Andujar of the Hilliard Davidson Music Boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come Support the Band!!
Our Calendar of Events has been updated with the events for the remainder of the year and some of the dates for next fall. Please take a moment to mark your calendars and come support the band. Also, please check back frequently as we will continue to make this calendar as comprehensive as we can. Events such as all our Concert Band concerts, Booster Meetings, and other band related activities will be updated as that information becomes known.