Phase 1 – Athletic Restart Guidelines
The Hilliard City School District has collaborated to develop a plan using guidance from the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the National Federation of High School Sports, and the Centers for Disease Control. While we are all excited to bring our athletes and coaches back together, we want to do so in the safest manner possible to ensure their wellbeing.
- Phase 1: Monday, June 1 – Friday, June 26
- High School Fall Sports Only
- Everything is voluntary
- Coaches will create team pods, consisting of 9 athletes and 1 coach. Each pod will remain consistent throughout Phase 1
- Coaches and Athletes must complete the liability waiver prior to participation in any activities. These waivers can be found in Final Forms and on the athletic department web pages. You must submit the waiver through Final Forms prior to participating with your pod, or you can bring a hard-copy printed off the athletic web page.
- Screening questions and temperatures will be taken prior to entrances into the facility. If Athletes or Coaches answer yes to any questions, or have a temperature higher than 100.4, they will be immediately sent home and should contact their medical provider.
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 will result in that pod of athletes/coaches being shut down from all activity for fourteen days.
- There should be a minimum distance of 6 feet between each individual at all times.
- No spectators will be permitted at any practice, indoor or outdoor.
- The no-touch rule is in effect – this includes high fives, huddles, or other close contacts.
- There should be no shared athletic equipment between athletes.
- Coaches and Athletic Directors will clearly communicate where athletes should enter and exit for their practice time.
- Time should be allotted between sessions to allow teams to exit before new teams arrive.
- No congregation before or after the training or practice session.
- Athletes must complete the liability waiver prior to participation in any activities. These waivers can be found in Final Forms and on the athletic department web pages. You must submit the waiver through Final Forms prior to participating with your pod, or you can bring a hard-copy printed off the athletic web page.
- Athletes must be screened by the coach prior to participation in a workout.
- All athletes must bring their own water bottles, and water bottles should not be shared. No team water coolers or shared drinking stations will be made available.
- All athletes should report to workouts in proper gear and immediately return home at the end of the workout.
- Athletes that arrive without water or not in appropriate attire will be sent home.
- Athletes are recommended to wear cloth face masks when not specifically in a drill/strenuous activity.
- Students should bring phones, keys, etc in ziplock bags, no personal gym bags or backpacks will be allowed.
- Coaches must complete the liability waiver prior to participation in any activities.
- Coaches must be screened prior to conducting the workout.
- You are required to wear cloth face masks.
- No whistles will be used.
- Violation of these guidelines will result in the suspension of your team’s practice during phase 1.
District Monitoring Procedures
- Each coach has a sign-in sheet that will be filled in for each practice.
- Each coach will take the temperature of their pod prior to entering the facility.
- Each coach will ask the questions on the sheet and note answers.
- Each coach will turn in their sheet to the head coach daily.
- Each head coach will turn in their sheets to AD daily.
- During phase 1, external youth baseball and softball groups will be limited to Elementary baseball and softball fields – no High School or Middle School fields will be available during phase 1.
- Both the group organization and each individual participant must complete a waiver.
- You can begin to reserve fields by following the District’s Facility Rental procedures.