Family Fun Night of STEAM!
Wednesday, September 25 from 5:00-6:30PM
J.W. Reason families, students, and staff will connect in a deeper way by engaged learning alongside one another through innovative STEAM activities at the The Family FUN Night of STEAM.
- Examples of the STEAM stations are the following: make a non-Newtonian fluid (slime), build a landing device to absorb shock, code a game using Blockly or Scratch Jr., design a bird feeder with recyclables, measure heart rate to be fit with Sworkit Kids, and construct kinetic energy catapults.
- The STEAM stations are aligned to elementary science, math, technology, engineering, and college and career readiness Common Core Standards.
- Each station will have a take-home resource page describing the “why” of the activity, a STEAM app to try at home, and the careers that utilize this STEAM learning.
- Additionally there will be interpreters to support our ELL families.
- The benefits of the JWR Family STEAM Night of Fun include an increase in family empowerment to support learning at home, an increase in the understanding of STEAM to real world connections and careers, and to encourage our school culture of STEAM learning.