Physicals Due PRIOR to practice or tryouts!
- Every athlete must turn in a completed OHSAA Physical Form PRIOR TO practice or tryouts. You can download the OHSAA Physical form on the General Information page.
- Physicals can be turned into the Hilliard Darby Athletic Office, the Heritage Middle School main office or given to the coach on the first day of tryouts/practice.
Welcome to the Heritage Middle School golf program. My name is Adam Heaston and I’m the head coach of our team. I am from Cadiz, Ohio and have been playing golf since I was 12 years old. In high school, I was on the golf team and participated in the District tournament during my Junior year and also competed at the collegiate level for a year before dedicating my time to my studies. The game of golf is one of patience, trial, and error. My goal for our team is to learn about great rewards that come from picking up a sport they can play for their entire lives. This game is challenging both mentally and physically, developing great discipline for anyone willing to stick with it.
Tryouts will be held at the beginning of August. Time and Location TBA.
Tryouts will consist of each golfer playing 9 holes. Cuts will be made only if necessary depending on the amount of interest.
Heritage Middle School Golf Team
Adam Heaston, Head Coach
To be completed by August 1st (Must be completed before tryouts)
1. All 4 online sports forms, updated physical, and $80 sports fee. All of this is located on the Darby HS athletic website. http://www.hilliardschools.org/darbypanthers/
1. A set of golf clubs
2. Golf bag
3. Push Cart (optional)
4. Golf shoes
5. Black and Khaki shorts
6. Golf uniforms
7. Golf balls and tees – These will be a continuous cost
8. Golf glove (usually the opposite of your dominant hand)
Transportation TO practice will be handled by the school. All students will need arrangements to be picked up from practice. All practices will end at 4:30pm or 5:00pm. The practice schedule will be issued following tryouts.
We are responsible for feeding our students after school on match days. Parents are asked to volunteer to bring food for at least one or two matches depending on the number of players that tryout.
Tryouts will be held August 1st and August 2nd @ Rolling Meadows Golf Club starting at 8:00am. Tryouts will consist of each golfer playing 9 holes. Cuts will be made only if necessary depending on the amount of interest.
Please contact Coach Heaston immediately if your student is interested in playing golf during the 2018-2019 fall sports season. Let me know your students name and t-shirt size. Thank you!