Return to Play Protocol
Student-Athletes who have tested positive for COVID-19 will follow the return protocols outline below.
COVID Return to Play Protocol
- The return to play protocol may not begin until:
- 10 days after symptom onset AND
- 7 days symptom-free AND
- 24 hours fever free without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Gradual return to activity cannot begin until we have received a clearance letter from Franklin County Health Department AND a clearance letter after physician (MD/DO) cardiac evaluation.
- The protocol then includes gradual acclimation to exercise and sport activity over a minimum of 7 days, which is closely monitored by our Athletic Training Staff.