Alton Darby News
Free and Reduced Lunch Info
- You can submit your Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Applications online
- We also have the paper forms but processing will take 10 days.
- Only one form per family needs to be completed
- Student’s status will carry over from last year until October 1, 2019. On October 2, 2019, they will change to “full pay” if a new application has not been submitted and approved.
- If students qualify for “free” then it is free breakfast and lunch. If they qualify for “reduced” then breakfast is free but lunch is $0.40.
AD/DC Warrior Dash is Back!
The AD/DC Warrior Dash is on Saturday, October 12th!
Mumkin Prize #1! Today we earned chalk at recess for meeting our Mumkin sale goal. The weather was perfect for outdoor recess and chalk!
It’s Conference Time!
It’s that time again to let the ADE staff know how much we love them during conference week! Please sign up to help provide a delicious meal on October 16. Thank you!
COSI on Wheels (volunteers needed on Sunday, October 27 and Monday, October 28) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090948acaa28a4fc1-cosi1
· Pastries with Parents – Monday, October 7th 8:30am – 9:05am
· Fire Department Visit – Tuesday, October 8th 1:30pm – 3:15pm
· Warrior Dash – Saturday, October 12th
· Fall P/T Conferences – October 14 – 17 (Wednesday, October 16th is conference night)
· No School – Friday, October 18th
· Art Contest for the Yearbook – October 21st – November 1st
· COSI on Wheels – Monday, October 28th
· Picture Retakes – Monday, November 4th
· No School/Hilliard U – Tuesday, November 5th
· Veterans Day Celebration – Friday, November 8th
· No School/Thanksgiving Break – November 27 – 29
· 4th Grade Musical – Wednesday, December 11th
· Yearbook Picture Day – Thursday, December 12th
· Talent Show – Friday, December 20th
· No School – Monday, December 23 – Friday, January 3rd
Changes for Home Football Games
In an effort to boost security at our home football games, we will no longer allow students to bring in backpacks, string bags, or wear fannypacks. Beginning Friday, October 4, students will also no longer be allowed to bring in water bottles. We are asking our parents and guardians to talk to their students and remind them of this change. We will also require students to be in the stands during the game. They will be asked to leave and not able to return if they fail to follow these rules.
Girls Tech Day
Hilliard City Schools will host a free Girls’ Tech Day in collaboration with Amazon Web Services on October 19th at Hilliard Bradley High School. Registration is now open. Please register your daughter today and sign up to volunteer. This event is open to Hilliard residents and other communities.
Girls’ Tech Day is a one-day event designed to inspire and empower young girls from grades 3 to 12, and young women 18 to 24 years of age, to pursue interests and careers in technology. It is a series of learning workshops focused on science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (STEAM).
We Need Your Input on the Master Facility Plan
This fall, the district will embark on a Master Facility Plan. We want to get our community involved from the beginning. So we are asking you to join us on October 20 at 6 pm at Darby High School. This night will be an open with a short presentation of current and future trends in education, and small group discussions for you to share your vision of what a Hilliard education should look like in the future.
State of the Schools – Save the Date
We want to invite you to Dr. Marschhausen’s sixth State of the Schools address on Thursday, October 24, 2019. The event is sponsored by The Credit Union of Ohio and presented in partnership with The Hilliard Area Chamber of Commerce. The address will take place at Heritage Golf Club. From 6:00 pm – 6:30, we will have music provided by our High School Honors Quartet. There will also be light appetizers and a cash bar. Dr. Marschhausen’s address will begin at 6:30.
Meet the School Board Candidates Night
The Hilliard Inter-School PTO will host a Meet the Candidates Night for our community to hear from the five candidates vying for two open seats on the Hilliard City Schools Board of Education. The event is on Wednesday, October 23, at 7 pm in the Bradley High School Auxiliary Commons. This event is open to the public.
Hilliard Schools is responsible for locating any child birth through 21 with a suspected disability who resides within the Hilliard School District. The school district provides special education services to any child who qualifies as having a disability according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA) or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act ages 3 through 21 years of age. If you know of a child who is suspected to have a disability, please call Debbie Cochran, Director of Special Education, at 614-921-7000 or contact your building principal for more information.
Detección de Niños
Las Escuelas de Hilliard son responsables de localizar a cualquier niño desde su nacimiento hasta los 21 años de edad que se sospeche discapacitado y él cual resida dentro de los limites del Distrito Escolar de Hilliard. El Distrito Escolar proporciona servicios de Educación Especial a cualquier niño que califique como tal, de acuerdo con la Ley del Mejoramiento Educativo pará los Individuos con Discapacidades (IDEIA de acuerdo con sus siglas en ingles) o la Sección 504 de la Ley Rehabilitación para las edades comprendidas entre los 3 hasta los 21 años de edad. Si Usted conoce a algún niño con discapacidades o tiene la sospecha de que sufre de alguna, por favor comuníquese con la Señora Debbie Cochran, Directora de Educación Especial, al teléfono 614-921-7000 o contáctese con el Director de la Escuela correspondiente a su área para mas información.
Remember to follow us on Twitter (@AltonDarby) and on Facebook (@AltonDarbyHCSD).
Have a wonderful weekend!