Alton Darby News
Good afternoon ADE Families!
Triple P (Power of Positive Parenting)
We have the opportunity in collaboration with Brown Elementary to participate in several Parent Discussion Groups/Courses led by Nationwide Children’s Hospital. The program is called “Triple P” (Power of Positive Parenting). These sessions will be offered Thursday evenings from 5:30-6:30 and will begin September 26th.
You may choose as many of the courses that pertain to you. A flyer will be coming home with session topics. The link to sign up is below.
Parents can register here:
Free and Reduced Lunch Info
- You can submit your Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Applications online
- We also have the paper forms but processing will take 10 days.
- Only one form per family needs to be completed
- Student’s status will carry over from last year until October 1, 2019. On October 2, 2019, they will change to “full pay” if a new application has not been submitted and approved.
- If students qualify for “free” then it is free breakfast and lunch. If they qualify for “reduced” then breakfast is free but lunch is $0.40.
The mobile dentist will be at ADE October 7th to provide exams and cleanings. If you are interested in having your child see the dentist, please return the form that was sent home as soon as possible.
AD/DC Warrior Dash is Back!
The AD/DC Warrior Dash is on Saturday, October 12th! T-Shirts are on sale now and the deadline to order the t-shirts is this Friday, September 27th. Click on the link below for more information!
9/25 Mumkin order pick-up 4-7 (lots of volunteers will be needed to distribute plants! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044EACAD29A2F58-20191)
COSI on Wheels (volunteers needed on Sunday, October 27 and Monday, October 28) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090948acaa28a4fc1-cosi1
· Pastries with Parents – Monday, October 7th 8:30am – 9:05am
· Fire Department Visit – Tuesday, October 8th 1:30pm – 3:15pm
· Warrior Dash – Saturday, October 12th
· Fall P/T Conferences – October 14 – 17 (Wednesday, October 16th is conference night)
· No School – Friday, October 18th
· Art Contest for the Yearbook – October 21st – November 1st
· COSI on Wheels – Monday, October 28th
· Picture Retakes – Monday, November 4th
· No School/Hilliard U – Tuesday, November 5th
· Veterans Day Celebration – Friday, November 8th
· No School/Thanksgiving Break – November 27 – 29
· 4th Grade Musical – Wednesday, December 11th
· Yearbook Picture Day – Thursday, December 12th
· Talent Show – Friday, December 20th
· No School – Monday, December 23 – Friday, January 3rd
Commitment to Student Health
This week we added six Vape Detectors in our High Schools. There was a considerable amount of misinformation being spread on social media. Please take a few moments to read Superintendent John Marschhausen’s blog to find the correct information about this pilot program.
Discover HCS – A Week Away
You can now look at our entire course catalog for Discover HCS taking place on September 28 at Darby High School. Sessions run from 8 am until 12:30 pm. You can discover more about creating a healthy tech/life balance, how to raise an adult, Elementary Reading and Math, design thinking and the gift of failure. Our keynote for the day is Dr. Lisa Hinkelman, Founder and CEO of ROX. Her session is, “A Confidence Crisis: What 10,678 Girls Think about Stress, Social Media, School and Their Futures.”
Please be sure to register early, as we expect sessions to fill fast.
Social Media Influencers
We are in the process of putting together a parent, student, and community social media team. If social media is something you love to do, AND you are committed to spreading the Hilliard Schools’ story, then we are looking for you. Please email Stacie_Raterman@hboe.org and let us know why you must be a part of this team. Please include any social media accounts you currently use.
Facilities for Tomorrow Conference – Save the Date
Please make plans to join us as we kick off our Master Facility Plan on October 20 at Darby High School for a community Facilities for Tomorrow Conference. This night will be an open meeting to get our community actively engaged in the master planning process. We will have a short presentation of current and future trends in education, and small group discussions for you to share your vision of what a Hilliard education should look like in the future.
Please save the date now; more details will come soon.
State of the Schools – Save the Date
We want to invite you to Dr. Marschhausen’s sixth State of the Schools address on Thursday, October 24, 2019. This year we will hold the event at Heritage Golf Club at 6:00 pm. We will have more details soon, but we hope you make plans now to attend.
Remember to follow us on Twitter (@AltonDarby) and on Facebook (@AltonDarbyHCSD).
Have a wonderful weekend!