Alton Darby News
Reminders – Arrival and Dismissal
- Students cannot enter the building until 9:05am (tardy bell 9:20am) unless they attend SACC
- If students do not ride a bus then they must be dropped off in the car line behind the building. Only busses are permitted to drop off in the front of the building. This is for the safety of the students. Staff will be there to assist with the drop off in the car line. Please do NOT drop your students off prior to 9:05 in the car line. When staff arrive to help with arrival, then students can start exiting the cars.
- If you have a transportation change, please notify the office prior to 2:00pm. Otherwise we cannot guarantee the student will be notified of the change.
- If you need to pick a student up early, this needs to take place at 3:30pm or prior. Otherwise you will have to pick the student up in the car line behind the building and wait for the 3:45 dismissal. Parents cannot drop their students off in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon using the front parking lot.
AD/DC Warrior Dash is Back!
The AD/DC Warrior Dash is on Saturday, October 12th! T-Shirts are on sale now and the deadline to order the t-shirts is this Friday, September 27th. Click on the link below for more information!
Updating Home Access
- It is imperative that we have updated phone numbers and emergency contacts. We can only release students to those listed as guardians or emergency contacts on home access.
- Also, each year parents/guardians must sign off on the handbook, attendance policy change, and active military or national guard status (new this year).
- To update home access, please see the instructions below:
Home Access Instructions:
- Go to www.hilliardschools.org
- Click the Parent Tab
- Click the Home Access Center (HAC)
- Sign in using your user name and password (if you don’t know this, call the office (614 921-5000) and we can assist you
- Click Update Registration
- Then Click Update Contacts and Sign Forms
- Please be sure to “acknowledge student handbook”
- Please be sure to “acknowledge attendance policy change”
- Please be sure to “acknowledge parent or legal guardian active military or national guard”
- Click Save, Not Yet Submitted
- Check the box “I agree to Terms”
- Click Save and Submit
Please note updating home access works better when using a computer. It may not update when using a smartphone, iPad or tablet.
9/9 7:00 PM First PTO Meeting of the year. All are welcomed and encouraged to attend. Childcare is provided by Bradley High School students
9/12 6:00 – 7:30 PTO Fall Tailgate
9/13 Mumkin Sale Orders Due (order forms come home August 30!)
9/19 Picture Day
9/25 Mumkin order pick-up 4-7 (lots of volunteers will be needed to distribute plants!https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044EACAD29A2F58-20191)
Registration Open for Discover HCS – A Parent University
You can now look at our entire course catalogue for Discover HCS taking place in September 28 at Darby High School. Sessions run from 8 am until 12:30 pm. You can discover more about creating a healthy tech/life balance, how to raise an adult, elementary Reading and Math, design thinking and the gift of failure. Our keynote for the day is Dr. Lisa Hinkelman, Founder and CEO of ROX. Her session is, “A Confidence Crisis: What 10,678 Girls Think about Stress, Social Media, School and Their Futures.”
Please be sure to register early, as we expect sessions to fill fast.
Last Day to Buy Technology Protection Plan
The TPP (Technology Protection Plan) is available in MyPaymentsPlus until September 6, 2019. A paid TPP is good for up to 2 incidences per year. After that, payment is made in the main office AND the device has to be inspected by the Media Specialist or Building Technician to make sure it is not damaged, before payment is accepted and the device covered. We do NOT prorate the plan. Even if TPP is purchased on May 1, it is still $25 from that day until Aug 15.
Applications for Free/Reduced Lunches
Applications for free/reduced lunch need to be submitted each year to avoid a lapse in coverage from last year. You can find more information and submit an application online today.
Remember to follow us on Twitter (@AltonDarby) and on Facebook (@AltonDarbyHCSD).
Have a wonderful weekend!