Alton Darby News
Reminders – Arrival and Dismissal
- Students cannot enter the building until 9:05am (tardy bell 9:20am) unless they attend SACC
- If students do not ride a bus then they must be dropped off in the car line behind the building. Only busses are permitted to drop off in the front of the building. This is for the safety of the students. Staff will be there to assist with the drop off in the car line. Please do NOT drop your students off prior to 9:05 in the car line. When staff arrive to help with arrival, then students can start exiting the cars.
- If you have a transportation change, please notify the office prior to 2:00pm. Otherwise we cannot guarantee the student will be notified of the change.
- If you need to pick a student up early this needs to take place at 3:30pm or prior. Otherwise you will have to pick the student up in the car line behind the building and wait for the 3:40 car rider dismissal. Parents cannot drop their students off in the morning (prior to 9:20am) or pick them up (after 3:30pm) in the afternoon using the front parking lot.
Free and Reduced Lunch Info
- It is recommended that Free and Reduced Lunch Forms be completed using the online process (process will be quicker this way).
- We do have the paper forms but processing will take 10 days.
- Only one form per family needs to be completed
- Student’s status will carry over from last year until October 1, 2019. On October 2, 2019 they will change to “full pay” if a new application has not been submitted and approved.
- If students qualify for “free” then it is free breakfast and lunch. If they qualify for “reduced” then breakfast is free but lunch is 40 cents.
- Whenever a student is NEW to Hilliard City Schools then a form must be completed. It does NOT matter if siblings are already getting free or reduced lunch, there is a direct certification, or if the student was receiving free or reduced lunch in anther district.
Updating Home Access
- It is imperative that we have updated phone numbers and emergency contacts. We can only release students to those listed as guardians or emergency contacts on home access.
- Also, each year parents/guardians must sign off on the handbook, attendance policy change, and active military or national guard status.
- To update home access, please see the instructions below:
Home Access Instructions:
- Go to www.hilliardschools.org
- Click the Parent Tab
- Click the Home Access Center (HAC)
- Sign in using your user name and password (if you don’t know this, call the office (614 921-5000) and we can assist you
- Click Update Registration
- Then Click Update Contacts and Sign Forms
- Please be sure to “acknowledge student handbook”
- Please be sure to “acknowledge attendance policy change”
- Please be sure to “acknowledge parent or legal guardian active military or national guard”
- Click Save, Not Yet Submitted
- Check the box “I agree to Terms”
- Click Save and Submit
Please note updating home access works better when using a computer. It may not update when using a smartphone, iPad or tablet.
Remember to order ADE Spirit Wear! Please click the link below. Sale endsSeptember 4th.
Be sure to visit our PTO web page often for upcoming event details, spirit nights and volunteer opportunities!
9/4 Spirit Wear Orders are due
9/9 7:00 PM First PTO Meeting of the year. All are welcomed and encouraged to attend. Childcare is provided by Bradley High School students
9/12 6:00 – 7:30 PTO Fall Tailgate
9/13 Mumkin Sale Orders Due (order forms come home August 30!)
9/19 Picture Day
9/25 Mumkin order pick-up 4-7 (lots of volunteers will be needed to distribute plants!https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044EACAD29A2F58-20191)
Discover HCS – A Parent University
Please save the date for our next Parent University Event on September 28 at Darby High School from 8 am – 12:30 pm. We invite you to come and Discover Hilliard City Schools, everything from academics to mindset to interests. The CEO and Founder of ROX will be our keynote. You can come for one session or stay for several. Registration begins September 5 on our web page.
Community Food Drive
As part of a fun rivalry for the Darby vs. Davidson football game on September 6, community members can donate food in one of the donation boxes in front of Coffee Connections, Destination Hilliard and Pulp at Mill Run. Boxes will be there Monday, September 2 to Friday, September 6. The night of the game there will be stations at each gate where you can make a food or monetary donation.
Most needed items include mini jars of peanut butter, single-serve Mac and cheese cups, small boxes of cereal and granola bars. You can email questions to DarbyFoodPantry@gmail.com.
Applications for Free/Reduced Lunches
Applications for free/reduced lunch need to be submitted each year to avoid a lapse in coverage from last year. You can find more information and submit an application online today.
Remember to follow us on Twitter (@AltonDarby) and on Facebook (@AltonDarbyHCSD).