Tuesday, December 5
- Are you a 7th or 8th grader with something to say? Join this year’s Oratorical Contest led by Mr. Carlstrom. There will be a brief informational meeting after school this Wednesday, in the Media Center. If you cannot attend tomorrow’s meeting, see Mr. Carlstrom in room 149, anytime during 6th period lunch. Represent Weaver, articulate your thoughts, and contend with other middle and high school students for the chance at scholarship prizes.
- 65% of the students are now on iOS11. Great work! Please keep updating!
- The Hilliard Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library is in need of teen volunteers. Let Mrs. Dorr know if you’re interested.
- TED-Ed Club! Next meeting today after school until 3:20! See you all then!
- Ski & Board Club online registration ends Friday, December 16. Please click here bit.ly/wmssbc2018 for all the details about the club, from equipment to passes, costs and deadlines. The Weaver Ski & Board Club is an opportunity for students of any level, from first time to 100th time, to learn to ski and board at Mad River mountain. Questions can be directed to club advisor David Banyots David_Banyots@hboe.org
- Wednesday, author Victoria Laurie, writer of the book When will be here after school for all Books & Brownies students, and anyone else who has read her book.
- All book clubs reading the book When, and any other kids who have read it, are invited to hear the author speak on Wednesday after school in the Media Center. Hope to see several of you here to talk with Victoria Laurie, the author.
- Newspaper Club students, be sure to let me know ASAP that your articles for this week’s edition are written, and been proofread, and ready for publication. Then we’ll meet on Friday to start the next issue.
- The Weaver Wrestling team had an awesome tournament finishing 1st this weekend at the Centerburg MS Trojan Classic. The Wildcats had one champion Nik Monroe and three runner ups; Lane Sowers, Dominic Martinez, and Derek Caswell. With 3rd place finishes were Hamza Sawalha and Wyatt Sherer.