Step 2: Requirements for Enrollment
Please check your specific grade level for additional eligibility requirements
As you prepare to register your student, it is important to be aware of the procedure the District has established so that the process can go smoothly. To register in the Hilliard City School District it is the parent’s/legal guardian’s responsibility to provide the following documents:
1. PROOF OF RESIDENCY – Two are Required
Choose your first document from the A list and the second document must be provided from the B list:
A. First Proof of Residency Options
B. Second Proof of Residency Options
*If you share a home or apartment with another family, please contact the Welcome Center at (614) 921-7096.
2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
The original or a certified copy of your child’s birth certificate. (If you do not have your child’s birth certificate, contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the city your child was born to request another copy. It can take up to three weeks to receive this birth certificate. Please plan accordingly.)
3. OFFICIAL IMMUNIZATION RECORD:
If you have an incomplete record or you do not have one, please contact your physician’s office for a copy of this record. You MUST bring this when registering your student even if it is not complete.
View Required Immunizations
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTP)
- Kindergarten: Four (4) or more doses of DTaP or DT, or any combination. If all four doses were given before the 4th birthday, a fifth (5) dose is required. If the fourth dose was administered at least six months after the third dose, and on or after the 4th birthday, a fifth (5) dose is not required.
- Grades 1-12: Four (4) or more doses of DTaP or DT, or any combination. Three doses of Td or a combination of Td and Tdap is the minimum acceptable for children age seven (7) and up.
- Grades 7-12: One (1) dose of Tdap vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
- K-9: Three (3) or more doses of IPV. The FINAL dose must be administered on or after the 4th birthday regardless of the number of previous doses. If a combination of OPV and IPV was received, four (4) doses of either vaccine are required.
- Grades 10-12: Three (3) or more doses of IPV or OPV. If the third dose of either series was received prior to the fourth birthday, a fourth (4) dose is required; If a combination of OPV and IPV was received, four (4) doses of either vaccine are required.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- K-12: Two (2) doses of MMR. Dose one (1) must be administered on or after the first birthday. The second dose must be administered at least 28 days after dose one (1).
- K-12: Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B. The second dose must be administered at least 28 days after the first dose. The third dose must be given at least 16 weeks after the first dose and at least 8 weeks after the second dose. The last dose in the series (third or fourth dose), must not be administered before age 24 weeks.
- K-9: Two (2) doses of varicella vaccine must be administered prior to entry. Dose one (1) must be administered on or after the first birthday. The second dose should be administered at least three (3) months after dose one (1); however, if the second dose is administered at least 28 days after the first dose, it is considered valid.
- Grades 10-12: One (1) dose of varicella vaccine must be administered on or after the first birthday.
- Grades 7-10: One (1) dose of meningococcal (serogroup A, C, W, and Y) vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
- Grades 12: Two (2) doses of meningococcal (serogroup A, C, W, and Y) vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
- Hilliard Schools requires any student born outside of the United States to have a tuberculin screening. Hilliard Schools also requires any student who has spent one month (32 days) or more days in a high-risk TB country to have a tuberculin screening. Enrollment for new students may be deferred until documentation of a negative TB screening is received by the registration compliance officer. Re-entry for students who have traveled outside the United States for more than one month (32 days) may be deferred until such documentation is received by school personnel.
4. CUSTODY PAPERS
(If applicable) Per State of Ohio Law, (ORC 3313.672) and the Missing Children’s Act, we are required to have an official, court stamped custody document when both natural parents are not in the home.
5. OTHER DOCUMENTS (If applicable):
6. Special Education Documents (if applicable):
Individualized Education Program (IEP), Multifactored Evaluation (MFE), Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
Return to Eligibility: Step 1 Go to Online Form: Step 3