Spring Break Projects
While our families are enjoying some time away from school over spring break, our Operations Department is still hard at work. Here are just some of the projects our team is completing this week.
- Memorial Middle School: Continue new build
- Weaver: Waterline repair
- Davidson: Waterline repair
- Ridgewood: Begin the roofing project
- Darby: Wall patching
- Memorial: Removing vacant book shelves from the media center
- Various Buildings: Cooling tower maintenance
- Davidson: Parking lot – patch potholes
- Avery: Parking lot – patch potholes
- Darby: Install exhaust in stadium concession stand
- Transportation: We are conducting a third party efficiency audit of our bus routes to insure we are getting the most out of our transportation resources
The goal of the Hilliard City Schools Operations Department is to provide a warm, safe and dry learning and working environment for all students, teachers and staff. In 2006 our community supported a Permanent Improvement levy that generates approximately $4.6 million dollars annually. This can only be used for repairs, improvements to facilities and grounds, and capital assets with a useful life of five years or more. This is a tremendous resource for our District, but as you can see from the list above the cost to protect and preserve the quality of our buildings remains high.