We are excited to introduce Naviance – a comprehensive website you and your student can use to make plans about colleges, careers and much more. Our Guidance Counselors rolled this out to our current seniors in May. Underclassmen will receive login instructions and information beginning with juniors in early September, followed by sophomores and freshmen later this fall. Naviance is how your student will sign up for college rep visits, apply to colleges, search for local scholarships and much more. Naviance allows your student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- ACT Test Prep – Offers ongoing practice opportunities that mimic the ACT test and provide valuable feedback in preparation for the ACT test
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-do lists, and complete tasks assigned by the school to enhance your student’s future college and career goals
Naviance also lets us share information with you and your student about upcoming meetings and events, college representative visits, local scholarship opportunities and other resources pertaining to colleges and careers.
You can access the Naviance web page by clicking on your student’s school.
When you visit the site for the first time, click on the “I Need to Register” link on the upper right, then enter your personal registration code (6 digit code) and follow the on-screen instructions to create your own account.
We hope you will find this resource helpful as your student maneuvers through the college and career process. Look for a Naviance Parents Information Night in the fall.