The Hilliard City Schools Board of Education recently recognized outstanding educators for earning Master Teacher or National Board Certification credentials. Since 2008, 147 Hilliard City Schools’ teachers have earned the designation “Ohio Master Teachers” through the National Board Certification or the Ohio Master Teacher Program.
These challenging programs focus on teachers who:
- understand student learning and development;
- plan and deliver effective instructions;
- create learning environments that promote high levels of learning and achievement for all students;
- collaborate and communicate;
- assume responsibility for professional growth, performance and involvement as an individual and as a member of a learning community;
- have a strong command of content;
- design appropriate learning experiences that advance student learning;
- use assessments to inform instructional decision making; and,
- create partnerships with colleagues, parents and community.
Hilliard City Schools is fortunate to have so many great teachers that deeply care about the schools and students. Congratulations to all!