- OBSERVE DEADLINES!!
- Key Terms
- Early Action — Early Decision — Regular
- We need on file:
- Transcript Release Form (gold)
- Profile Sheet (helps teachers and counselors write recommendations)
- NON- COMMON APP colleges
- Step 1 – Begin filling out college applications online
- Step 2 – Print any secondary school report, counselor report, or college prep form. Turn into the guidance office
- Step 3 – Fill out orange Transcript Request form (obtain in guidance office)
Common App Colleges
Step 1 – Begin to fill out college applications online – go to: www.commonapp.org
Step 2 – “Invite” then “Assign” a counselor and/or teachers to write letters of recommendation
Step 3 – Check status of documents on the Common App
- Step 1 – Complete counselor form
- Step 2 – Print official transcript/ or submit to the Common App
- Step 3 – Send both to college/university
- If the college requires a letter of recommendation from a teacher or a form filled out by a teacher, provide that directly to the teacher. Include a stamped addressed envelope for them to mail it directly to the college. Please allow 10 working days to complete.
- ACT/SAT – scores must be sent from the testing agency to the college. When signing up to take the tests, request which colleges you want to receive your scores. It is free at the time of testing. A fee is charged if requested later.