Through our partnership with Tolles Career and Technical Center we are proud to offer business courses to our students in 8th through 12th grade. The 8th grade course is titled Project INC and the High School level course is known as Academy INC.
Here’s what’s happening in the INC world according to the instructor Mrs. Henry:
- Guest Speaker Beth Foglsong came in Monday to talk to students about the importance of job shadowing/internships/mentorships/apprenticeship programs, and the new focus in the State of Ohio on businesses providing those learning experiences for students. She explained the new program called “Ohio Career Exploration Internship Program” through ODE that reimburses employers for offering a paid internship to high school students.
- Students are using class time to locate and secure an internship/job shadowing experience for themselves
- Students applied for BPA Awards and Kiwanis scholarships in class
- Students are preparing a resume that is appropriate for their career field (i.e. portfolio, blog, graphic resume, or traditional, etc…)
- Students are “cleaning up” their online presence by looking at their profiles through the eyes of potential employers
- Students are preparing for their State Competition, which is next week
- Sooo excited to tell you that Cole won the State internship spot with executive in charge of the iAm-Career Tech campaign. Cole will be working with him next week at the State Leadership Conference at the Columbus Convention Center. The CCC is sold out, and is expecting a record crowd. Ohio has the 2nd largest BPA membership in the nation, and this year’s Leadership Conference will be HUGE and great experience for Cole and all the competitors.
- Target Market
- Business Concepts and feasibility studies
- Students are using class time to create a business idea and attempt to refine it to an actual feasible concept.
The Imagination Network at the ILC features two very unique programs. These programs fall under the umbrella we title “Academy VIBE.” VIBE consists of several classes that utilize our green screen (television) studio and our soundproof music studio. Musically gifted students join to learn about the ins and out of sound engineering as they form their own bands and perform using cover songs and original compositions. Students with a creative side that see a future in the broadcasting or journalism field join to learn about video, editing, communications, and often join with the musical side of the class to create music videos and partner projects.
Below is a PSA completed by Judy Larsen, Alyson Feasel, Michael Hogan, Zerek Metz, and Alex Stemple:
Please join us for this wonderful learning opportunity! A team of staff members from throughout the district will gather Thursday evening, March 5th from 6:30pm – 7:30pm at the Innovative Learning Center for the 2nd session of Community Innovation Hour. Innovation Hour is open to the public and exists to help to educate the Hilliard Community on various topics from social media, to resume writing, to ipad and cell phone usage, and many more topics yet to even be designed.
This week we’ll have two topics that will be covered as described below:
Fire drills are part of our DNA . . . each month we practice and drill what we do in the event of a fire in our buildings.
Tornado drills a part of our routine . . . each year we take time in the spring preparing for the event of a weather emergency.
Unfortunately we must prepare for more than a fire or a tornado . . . we must prepare and drill for the event of a safety threat. It is the world today; we must be prepared for the worst. Read More…
We are headed into state testing and there is some important information we want to share with parents. First, this video message from our superintendent, Dr. John Marschhausen.
In the past when students took state tests it was administered at one time, in one sitting. Now, the new Ohio State’s Tests are broken into two parts with several units per part. We also want to make you aware that there is an online portion which we will use in some grades. Here is a list of all state assessments and the dates we plan to administer them. At the bottom of this list are some more resources for parents. Read More >>