Heritage Middle School Mission Statement
Heritage Middle School’s mission is to develop each student’s potential for success.
Heritage is a Middle School where “Kids come First”: first in academic growth, character development and in the hearts of all staff members.
- We believe learning must be authentic and relate to real world experiences so students can apply and transfer this knowledge.
- We believe students learn in different ways and at different paces.
- We believe that while learning content, students must also be taught how to think.
- We believe self motivation is a key componet of learning.
- We believe the school should emphasize a system of values that focus on high expectations for all members of the learning community.
- We believe schools should be places of active learning: Teacher as Coach, Student as Learner.
- We believe the tone of the school should stress high values and expectations.
- We believe that motivation is fundamental to learning and should be encouraged throughout the school.
- We believe learning is connected to school, home and community and is most effective when experienced through participation in real world situations.
- We believe communication between parents and school is essential to student success and should be encouraged.
- We believe a school should build skills that enable students to solve real world problems.
- We believe we need to honor, respect, and make diversity a part of our daily educational process.
- We believe community and professional involvement in our schools will enhance the relevance and rigor of students learning as well as encourage life long learning.