Attention College-Bound Sophomores & Juniors:
The PSAT test will be administered at Bradley on Wednesday, October 16th from 7:40a-11:00a.m. This is a great opportunity for you to practice for the SAT (which all juniors will take for free at Bradley in the spring!) and provides an opportunity for juniors to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Competition. The cost is $23 and registration is open September 9th through the 30th. Sign up and pay by going to MyPaymentsPlus under HomeAccess OR you can sign up with Mrs. Barie in the guidance office with cash or check written out to Hilliard City Schools.
Did you know that you should take the PSAT/NMSQT in 11th grade—even if you already took the test in a previous year?
The PSAT/NMSQT provides several benefits, including the opportunity to compete for scholarships.
Qualify for Scholarships
- Eligible juniors will be automatically entered into scholarship and recognition competitions.
- These competitions include the prestigious National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Scholarships not only help you pay for college, but they can also help you stand apart from other students in the college admissions process.Take Advantage of Other Benefits
- If you say “Yes” to Student Search Service on test day, you’ll be eligible to receive free information from colleges and scholarship organizations that are interested in you.
- PSAT/NMSQT takers receive access to My College QuickStartTM, an online college and career planning tool that’s customized just for you.
- On average, students who take the PSAT/NMSQT score higher on the SAT than those who don’t. To learn more about the PSAT/NMSQT, visit www.collegeboard.org/psat.