What does a black fly look like?
Black flies have clear wings. Their body has three parts. They are dark gray or black in color. A black fly has two antennae and can grow to be about one-eighth inch long. Black flies have big round eyes.
Where does a black fly live?
Black flies live all over the world by ponds, rivers & streams. They lay their eggs in the water.
What does a black fly eat?
Black flies feed on blood from people and warm-blooded animals.
More facts about the black fly:
- A fly’s feet can help it taste.
- A fly can live about four to six weeks.
- Black flies bite during the day but not at night.
- Only female black flies bite.
- Many places spray around ponds and streams to try and control the population of black flies in the summer.