Amanda joined the Hilliard City School District in 2011. She has a Bachelor of Arts in communications from Bowling Green State University and a Master of Science degree in marketing and communication management from Franklin University. Her main role is to be sure all stakeholders have accurate and timely information about the schools. This would include using several communication tools to engage the community and help them realize what their investment in the Hilliard City Schools is all about. Her focus is on print media, broadcast outlets, online forums and social media.
Amanda is married to Shawn and they have two daughters. She loves to spend time telling her kids stories, scrapbooking and taking pictures.
The Communications Department manages a comprehensive communications program that builds, promotes and supports two-way mutually beneficial relationships between the Hilliard City School District and the community. We are committed to providing factual, objective and reliable information; using a variety of communication vehicles to reach intended audiences; and maintaining an atmosphere that welcomes the public.
Through our work, we provide the following support and services that includes, but is not limited to:
- Media Relations
- Coordination of annual State of the Schools
- Crisis Communication and Support
- Production of various publications, including a community newsletter, “Community Connection,” and various other documents on behalf of the district and individual schools
- Website development and management
- Coordination of recognitions at Board of Education meetings and other special event programming
- Addressing community questions and public records requests
|Stacie Raterman, Communications Coordinator|