Congratulations to the Brown Elementary community for raising over $13,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! We are #1 in central Ohio for the 4th year in a row! We are so proud of our students, staff, and parents for their support towards cancer research! Congrats to Mrs. Boring and Mrs. Martin’s fifth grade classes for bringing in the most money. They will be receiving a pizza party! The campaign ends on April 12. If we remain #1 the entire school will get a pizza party! The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society thanks you! Your child can start collecting money for the campaign next year! Put a jar around your house and throw in your extra change but don’t send it back to school until February, 2014!
If you have any questions please contact Sarah Huffman at email@example.com.
Student Council and Choose to Lead
The following is a description of what will be expected of Student Council / Choose to Lead members. Students are nominated to be in Student Council. Choose to Lead members are students that were in student council last year and want to continue to be a leader at Brown in student council.
Congratulations! You have been chosen for Student Council 2011-2012! The following is a description of what will be expected of you as a Student Council member. Please share this with your parents and decide whether or not you would like to participate. If you decide to participate, please return the bottom portion only, signed by you and your parents. Keep the top part as a reminder of our meeting dates.
As a member of the Brown Student Council, you will be expected to:
1. Attend and participate in meetings. We will usually meet the first or second Tuesday of each month BEFORE school from 8:15-8:45 in Mrs. Huffman’s room. Your child should not arrive before 8:15 am because there will be no one here to supervise them until the meeting begins.
The dates are:
We try to follow this schedule but it is subject to change. You may bring breakfast to eat at our meeting. We will occasionally have a lunch meeting to complete projects. If you are unable to meet before school you can meet with another student council member to find out what you missed and still participate during lunch meetings.
2. Be a role model, make good choices, and show positive school spirit.
3. Listen to and share ideas. If you and your parents have ideas, we welcome them! We are always willing to consider new and different projects.
4. Participate in snack sales. Each time we have a snack sale, you will be required to bring in snacks (fruit snacks, chips, Little Debbie snacks, packaged apples, etc.) to sell. Parents will be notified in advance of any snack sale dates. Please do not send in items that contain nuts or peanut products. The snack items can be brought to Mrs. Huffman’s room the week of the snack sale. You will also be required to work a shift at the snack sale.
5. Participate willingly in our projects. You will be expected to carry out duties in many different ways.
Please consider these expectations. If you feel you can meet them, I welcome you to the group. I am looking forward to a fantastic year with you!